- Mobile-friendly web sites
It has been more and more popular to search the internet through mobile devices, particularly smartphones. Many recent studies showed that the number of searches using smartphones is increasing especially for making online purchases.
There some simple and common steps to make your website be mobile friendly:
- Firstly, understand clearly the difference between a web site that is mobile friendly and a native iPhone, Android, or Windows Mobile app. If you want to succeed with your mobile strategy, you have to understand this difference and realize the enormous potential of mobile markets.
- A mobile-friendly web site means it is optimized for viewing on the mobile browser. For example, Safari on iPhone or Chrome on Android.
- A native iPhone, Android, or Windows Mobile app is an application which can be downloaded from the mobile markets. For example, Apple Store or Google Play.
- To approach Mobile SEO in the best way, you should adopt a responsive website design. This creates a lot of advantages not only in terms of SEO but also in usability.
In conclusion, for SEO purposes, you have to provide a mobile-friendly version for your users who come through mobile browsers.
- User Sitemap
A sitemap is a list of all pages or posts of your website. Here are 2 types of sitemaps you need for your web site:
- XML Sitemap (for search engines): An XML sitemap is the type of sitemap that is used to submit to Google, Bing and other search engines. You can use plugins to create and update XML sitemap of your web site depending on your blogging platform.
- HTML Sitemap (for Users): An HTML sitemap is the type of sitemap that is used to help visitors find your content easier. You can use plugins to create and update the HTML sitemap of your web site depending on your blogging platform.