Being a beginner to SEO, you should understand that there isn’t any magic way to make your website first ranked on Google, Yahoo, or Bing. It takes a lot of time and effort to “persuade” the search engines – which are governed by complex algorithms – that your website deserves one of the top spots. However, there are certain rules that you can follow to optimize your website.
Although there are a lot of things to do to help your website achieve better ranked, the below SEO tips will give you a reliable and solid framework which is totally safe.
- Page Titles and description
Page titles: Page titles are one of SEO’s the most important aspects.
To optimize a page title, the most important things to do are:
- Each page should have a unique page title which can accurately describe its content.
- Be brief and descriptive.
- Make the users understand what your page is about.
Home page title: Your homepage title can contain the name of your business or website and the important information such as the location of your business or its main offerings or focuses.
Post/other pages title:
Other posts/pages titles of your website should be attractive to the searcher and accurately describe what the page is about.
Description: Your page’s description meta tag is very important, too. It gives users, and search engines like Google a summary of what the page is about.
Google may show some of the descriptions you type as a snippet for your page or may use a part of your page’s content. It doesn’t mean that the description you write will totally show in the snippet.
There are tips to write a good description:
- Make sure to provide a unique description for all post, pages, and products of your website.
- Make the size about 140 characters.
- Don’t reuse the title in the description.
- Avoid adding too many keywords.
- Try to use the description to introduce the reader about your page so that they click on your title and visit your page.